Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. Because we gather certain types of information about the users of BenchandBarExperts.com, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather, how we gather it, how we use it, and how to correct or change it. Please read this statement. If you have any questions, please contact us.
This web site may contain links to, and may be accessed from, other web sites. BenchandBarExperts.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other Web sites. This privacy statement applies only to BenchandBarExperts.com.
BenchandBarExperts.com gathers two types of information about users: (1) personal information that users provide through optional, voluntary registrations and submissions; and (2) non-personal information that is gathered through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views and other uses throughout our site. The gathered information enables BenchandBarExperts.com to better serve its users' needs.
Manner In Which BenchandBarExperts.com Collects Information
1. Expert Registration. To be listed in BenchandBarExperts.com's Directory, an expert must register with the site and submit payment. To complete the registration process, BenchandBarExperts.com requests certain information from the expert. Some information is required, while some is optional:
- To complete the expert registration process, experts must provide a means for BenchandBarExperts.com to contact the expert. Required information is identified as such and may include email address, phone number, street address, etc.
- During the registration process, experts have the option of supplying various forms of personally identifiable information to be displayed in the Directory and viewed by the public. This information may include the name, street address, phone number, email address, web address, expertise, etc. The more optional information is provided, the better informed is the consumer about the expert’s services, expertise, location, fees, etc.
2. Subscriber/User Registration Some features of BenchandBarExperts.com are only available by subscription or by submitting payment. Subcriber registration requires the submission of information and payment. To complete the registration process, BenchandBarExperts.com requests certain information from the subscriber or user. Some information is required, while some is optional:
- To complete the registration process, a subscriber or user must provide contact information to BenchandBarExperts.com. Required information is identified as such and may include email address, phone number, street address, etc.
3.Visitors. No personally identifiable information is collected from visitors to our site who do not wish to register as an expert, subscriber or user. However, visitors may voluntarily choose to contact representatives or registered members of the BenchandBarExperts.com web site. In this process, the visitor must provide BenchandBarExperts.com with personally identifiable information such as name, street address, and telephone number or email address. This information will only be used by BenchandBarExperts.com and will not be sold to mass marketers without prior consent.
- Polls. From time to time, we may offer interactive polls to our registered experts, subscribers or users or to visitors. Polls will be used to assess opinions of the web site, as well as to gauge audience opinions about proposed topics. At that time, the option will be given to supply the site with personally identifiable information or to provide their opinions anonymously.
- Usage Tracking. BenchandBarExperts.com tracks user traffic patterns throughout the site. Sometimes, BenchandBarExperts.com tracks and catalogs the search terms entered in the various search engines on the site. BenchandBarExperts.com may also track information to determine how each page on the site performs (i.e., how often that page is visited or accessed). But, the tracking and gathering of usage information are never associated with individual users.
Non-personal information, which is aggregated from tracking various uses of the site, is used to assist in refining our listings, to better serve our audience, to enhance the experience on our site, and to improve the web site’s performance. We may also use this information to offer special opportunities and promotions. Again, this information will not be associated with any individual user to be sold to mass marketers.
Use Of Personal Information
1. Enhance Experience. BenchandBarExperts.com uses the personal information that is voluntarily given to us to enhance the experience on the site. This may include providing an interactive or personalized experience on our site, or preparing future content based on the interests indicated.
2. Newsletters & Announcements. On occasion, BenchandBarExperts.com will provide newsletters with information on industry events, innovations and issues. BenchandBarExperts.com may also provide announcements promoting new services provided by BenchandBarExperts.com.
3. Legal Matters. Should a situation arise where BenchandBarExperts.com is required by law or legal process to provide information regarding BenchandBarExperts.com, BenchandBarExperts.com will comply.
BenchandBarExperts.com gives options, wherever necessary and practical, to opt-out of the use of personally identifiable information for secondary uses (those that are not necessary to complete a transaction on our site). Such choices include:
1. The option not to provide certain personal information when registering on the site.
2. The option not to participate in certain interactive activities such as polls.
3. The option not to receive the BenchandBarExperts.com Newsletter, Announcements and other e-mails, except those that are necessary to maintain membership (i.e. reminders to pay annual fees).
BenchandBarExperts.com offers registered experts, subscribers and users the ability to access, modify or delete the information they have submitted to BenchandBarExperts.com during their registration. The instructions for doing this can be found in our Members Area. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. Problems accessing this feature or questions about this service can contact us.
This privacy statement states our current practices and policies. If our practices change in the future, this statement will be updated and posted here so that you have the latest information on our data collection and use policies.
Sharing and Usage
We will not sell, license, share, transfer or otherwise disclose individual information to any third party. We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information.
Why did you receive this email?
If you received an email from us, it is because your name has appeared in public records as an expert witness or you have shared this address to receive emails regarding this topic (opt-in).
How can you stop receiving emails?
Each email sent contains an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving email from us, or to change your expressed interests. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email.
If you have received unwanted, unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email to us.
If you have any questions about our Anti-Spam Policy, please contact us at 850-218-3982 or contact us by e-mail.